How I imagine an in-person meeting will go:
Legend: Me – Kim (me) Any text in italics indicates self-commentary. Doesn’t everyone silently talk to themselves?
The Masses – you. I am going to re-create what I imagine your response(s) will be. What could possibly go wrong with that?
Me: Hi, I’m Kim Lehnhoff. I am 64 years of age, and am married to Mister Lehnhoff. I have wrinkles, a bit of gray hair, and two 2021 model titanium/ceramic/resin hip replacements. TMI?
The Masses: Hi, Kim! Nice to meet you! I am (state your name).
Me: Oh, no! Names! I never remember names! Don’t all of you introduce yourselves now – it’s MY post, after all. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you’ll come back and leave comments, and we’ll be besties and we can see what we have in common, and how I can convince you to see things my way. Doesn’t that sound like fun?
Years ago, I blogged at The Ratio of Failures. It has been retired, and is no longer available for viewing. My lawyer advises me to say nothing further about this subject.
The Masses: What kind of content can we expect from you at Flirting with Normal?
Me: Damned if I know. I plan on writing about my life, my family, and my interests. Topics will include:
- My hobbies (reading, writing, my mediocre crochet abilities), and annoying Mr. Lehnhoff
- My lack of focus about all chores in the domestic/housekeeping category
- My love of my family. I bet your family is filled with miscreants and weasels. I’m sure we’ll have lots to talk about – spouse, kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids.
- Some items on my bucket list
- Weird shit I argue about with Mr. Lehnhoff
- Maybe we’ll discuss current events or maybe we’ll keep our pathetic opinions to ourselves, shall we?
Me: I figure we’re done here. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you’ll all come back for all the fun! I’m sure you’ve all exited the building by now, like it’s on fire.
Me: Oh, just in case you didn’t know, I am quite fond of sarcasm and/or hyperbole. I also know next to nothing about WordPress, and would appreciate any tips you could give.